Tuesday, June 17, 2008

6/17/08- Tuesday- Recovery (yea right)/GPP

20-25 Minutes Grappling

Contrast Shower- 15s/45sx3

Notes: So I decided to roll with some of the other trainers from my gym, but I haven't grappled for the last 4 years. I was worried from the start about getting injured, specifically in regards to my shoulder. I had a lot of fun and tapped 3 guys out multiple times without tapping myself. But in my last match, I leaned on the shoulder the wrong way, relaxed it and the damn thing slid right out of the socket.

I'm used to this happening, but generally it's an in-and-out type of thing. This time, I laid on the mat with the shoulder probably completely out of the socket for a good few minutes, until I could be helped to sitting up, when the shoulder than slid back in.

It's pretty damn sore and it's a damn shame. I really do enjoy grappling and was looking forward to possibly getting into it once or twice a week again, but I think that the risk is just too high and if it puts me out of commission from lifting, I'd go crazy.

Hopefully it'll feel a bitter better by the morning and I'll be good to bench tomorrow. If not, I'll try to find a way to work around it.

-Matt

No comments: