Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sheiko #32- W3 D2 (LAST TRAINING DAY)- Wednesday- 7/6/08

30 Minutes

Energy- +1

1)Squat
(50%)200x3
(60%)240x3 x3
(70%)280(belt)x2 x2 x2

2)Bench Press (paused)
(50%)150x3
(60%)180x3 x3
(70%)210x2 x2 x2

Contrast Shower- 15s/45s x4

Notes: Last day of training today and easy session.

I'm retesting my maxes Friday morning and flying out of the US to Turkey at 5:40PM. I'll probably run home, throw up a video and haul ass to the airport. I'm spending 10 days there (no training) and jumping back into a 16 week cycle for a meet in early December.

I believe that I may not be able to deadlift at my gym. I am really not looking forward to squatting and benching then taking my shit, walking a few blocks over and having to start deadlifting from scratch. But we'll see what happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
just watched your last video.
You are doing a very goood job. Love your squat, and 195kg is a very good lift!

I'm always thinking that you're mouving too much your elbows when you bench.

take care
ado gruzza

Matt McG said...

Thanks Ado!

I'm really happy at the way the squat progressed this time around. As for the deadlift, I know that I would have been good for 570-575 had I not made a technical error. I just posted a summary of the testing day and training cycle if you'd like to check it out.

And you're right. I believe that more tricep work is on order.

Thanks,

-Matt